We have two rooms attached to the main residence - the "Main" B&B room with it's own gorgeous ensuite, and the "Teen" room which can be rented along with the Main room for extra guests in the same party. We also have a 19' travel trailer set up by the river (or bring your own trailers and tents!) that can be rented by the week.
- Breakfast: A full breakfast served in complete privacy in your room or in your private garden. We specialize in wholesome, healthy choices - all fresh ingredients with eggs from our henhouse as well as homemade jam. Many guests love our homemade granola and yogurt with fruit from our property, but you can also have "good old" bacon and eggs if that's your preference. Breakfast is served at whatever time you like, until 10:00 a.m.
- Swimming in the river for the "young at heart". There are 123 stairs to get there, but after making your way down the cedar steps and landings and over the rock pathway to the river's edge, you can swim in deep pools of crystal clear water. Bring river shoes if you have them!
- Hot tub (running year-round) - just bring your swimsuit! It's a newer model with tons of jets ...
The "Main" Room (1 or 2 people):
The Main B&B room is an air-conditioned guest room that includes the following:
- Pivate entrance with French doors opening to your own covered patio, fenced garden and Koi pond.
- Private ensuite with soaker tub, separate walk-in shower, gorgeous slate walls and floor with tons of skylights and glass block.
- Very comfortable (we're told) queen bed with down duvet and down and ergonomic pillows.
- Tastefully decorated bedroom with vaulted wood ceiling and all the comforts of home - bathrobes, coffee/maker/teapot with coffee and tea, small fridge, microwave oven, toaster, dishes in case you want to bring dinner "in", hair dryer, ironing board and, the morning newspaper.
- In-room high speed wireless internet.
- Cable TV, a VCR, DVD player (with some movies), a CD/audio catte stereo, and books to read.
The "Teen Room" (1 or 2 people):
The Teen room is set up for teenagers or young adults (not toddlers) who share the ensuite bathroom with guests in the Main B&B room. The Teen room is not directly attached to the Main room - there a quick "dash" through our carport, but teenagers love it because it has a huge TV and they have privacy from their parents. Parents love it because they get privacy too! The Teen room includes the following:
- Two single beds with down duvets.
- Cable TV, a VCR, stereo, electric fireplace.
- In-room high speed wireless internet.
The Travel Trailer (1 or 2 people):
Our "rustic" B&B, the travel trailer is available from June through September for summer guests who want a camping experience without the hassle of packing up to go! It is not available for 1 night only - it is for stays from 3 or 4 nights to a week. Bring your groceries, your "river" swimming shoes and yourselves and wake up each morning to the amazing sounds of the river in your own private camping area. The travel trailer is set up near the stairs down to the river, well away from the main residence, and includes the following:
- Your own private camping area.
- 19' Fleetwood Prowler in excellent condition.
- Double bed with all bedding - sheets, pillows, quilt. Bedding is provided for nightly rentals, not weekly.
- Kitchen - full size fridge/freezer, stove, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, etc.
- For daily rentals, breakfast supplies are provided in the fridge for the first day or couple of days (our farm fresh eggs, bacon, coffee, bread, etc. Breakfast supplies are not provided for weekly rentals.
- Bathroom - tub (sort of), shower, sink, flush toilet.
- Stereo (am/fm and cassette tape).
- Picnic tables, propane barbeque, fire pit, chaise lounges and outside chairs.
- Swimming, swimming and more swimming!
Note: The trailer is limited to 1 or 2 people. For extra people who wish to bring their own camper or tent we charge $10/day per tent or $30/day per camper. The maximum # of people is limited to 6 or 8 - those interested in a quiet back to nature camping experience - not the "party" scene found in many campgrounds!
1390 Spruston Road Nanaimo BC V9X 1S8 Phone (250) 245-0484
"Our kids loved the Teen room AND the river swimming - thank you for creating lifelong memories for both them, and us! Wish we had booked a longer stay."
"The perfect place to spend a relaxing time. The koi pond and the waterfall was the best part of the day - beginning and end. You folks are charming, and I'm happy to have been here."
North Hollywood, California
"Thank you - it was perfect. Sweet, beautifully decorated accommodations, and lovely care by the hosts - we'll be back again and again! PS Thank goodness for the air conditioning!"
"A great stay!! Enjoyed the natural setting, walking to the trout pond and time on the river. Napping while the rain fell on the skylight was calming. The bath tub was a treat. During our stay the weather varied from stormy to sunny, but the accommodations perfectly suited both. Relaxed, refreshed, we'll be back!"
"What a wonderful serene hideaway! You have addressed every tiny detail to make staying at your B&B a real pleasure. Thank you so much. Our breakfast was wonderful - and thanks for your fabulous granola recipe!"
More pictures of the Main Room and Garden (click on first picture for slideshow):
What a fabulous camping spot! Quiet, private, falling asleep in your cute little trailer listening to the river was amazing. We swam, and relaxed, and swam some more. I was almost in tears when it was time to leave. We'll be back!
"This place is an absolute treasure! The river was amazing and we'll be sure to be back next summer. You made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Gracie and Bella are such joys. Gotta say... love the rooster too. We both agree it was a perfect place for our first anniversary. Thank you!"