We have one room attached to the back of the main residence - the "Main" B&B room with it's own gorgeous ensuite, fenced garden and patio.
We also have a 1 bedroom "cabin", on our land down by the river - it has a full kitchen, beautiful bathroom, wifi, tv, woodstove etc., but it isn't on the website yet. Ask about the River House...
Accommodations include a full breakfast served in complete privacy in your room or in your private garden. We specialize in wholesome, healthy choices - farm fresh eggs, hearty squirrelly bread, and homemade jam. Many guests love our homemade granola and yogurt with fruit from our property, but you can also have "good old" bacon and eggs if that's your preference. Breakfast is served at whatever time you like, until 10:00 a.m.
- Swimming in the river for the "young at heart". There are 123 stairs to get there, but after making your way down the cedar steps and landings and over the rock pathway to the river's edge, you can swim in deep pools of crystal clear water. Bring river shoes if you have them!
- Hot tub (running year-round) - just bring your swimsuit! It's a newer model with tons of jets ...
The "Main" Room (1 or 2 people):
The Main B&B room is an air-conditioned guest room that includes the following:
- Pivate entrance with French doors opening to your own covered patio, fenced garden and Koi pond.
- Private ensuite with soaker tub, separate walk-in shower, gorgeous slate walls and floor with tons of skylights and glass block.
- Very comfortable (we're told) queen bed with down duvet and down and ergonomic pillows.
- Tastefully decorated bedroom with vaulted wood ceiling and all the comforts of home - bathrobes, coffee/maker/teapot with coffee and tea, small fridge, microwave oven, toaster, dishes in case you want to bring dinner "in", hair dryer, ironing board and, the morning newspaper.
- In-room high speed wireless internet.
- Flatscreen TV with cable, a VCR, DVD player (with some movies), and books to read.
1390 Spruston Road Nanaimo BC V9X 1S8 Phone (250) 245-0484
"The perfect place to spend a relaxing time. The koi pond and the waterfall was the best part of the day - beginning and end. You folks are charming, and I'm happy to have been here."
North Hollywood, California
"Thank you - it was perfect. Sweet, beautifully decorated accommodations, and lovely care by the hosts - we'll be back again and again! PS Thank goodness for the air conditioning!"
"A great stay!! Enjoyed the natural setting, walking to the trout pond and time on the river. Napping while the rain fell on the skylight was calming. The bath tub was a treat. During our stay the weather varied from stormy to sunny, but the accommodations perfectly suited both. Relaxed, refreshed, we'll be back!"
"What a wonderful serene hideaway! You have addressed every tiny detail to make staying at your B&B a real pleasure. Thank you so much. Our breakfast was wonderful - and thanks for your fabulous granola recipe!"
More pictures of the Main Room and Garden (click on first picture for slideshow):
"This place is an absolute treasure! The river was amazing and we'll be sure to be back next summer. You made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Gracie and Bella are such joys. Gotta say... love the rooster too. We both agree it was a perfect place for our first anniversary. Thank you!"